Automake 1.10.2 and color-tests

From: NightStrike
Subject: Automake 1.10.2 and color-tests
Date: Sat, 9 May 2009 04:51:15 -0400

I'm trying to use the new color-tests option as documented here:

http://www.gnu.org/software/hello/manual/automake/Tests.html#Tests

This online manual is listed as being for automake 1.10.2 here:

http://www.gnu.org/software/hello/manual/automake/index.html#Top
"This manual is for GNU Automake (version 1.10.2, 23 November 2008), a
program that creates GNU standards-compliant Makefiles from template
files."

I am running automake 1.10.2:

$ automake --version
automake (GNU automake) 1.10.2

I am running autoconf 2.63:
$ autoconf --version
autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.63

When I put color-tests in my AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE in configure.ac and run
autoreconf, I get this:

configure.ac:9: option `color-tests' not recognized
autoreconf: automake failed with exit status: 1

When I put it instead in AUTOMAKE_OPTIONS in my Makefile.am, I get this:

Makefile.am:13: option `color-tests' not recognized
autoreconf: automake failed with exit status: 1

What am I doing wrong?