Re: Problems with linking multiple lex/yacc parsers into one executable

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: Problems with linking multiple lex/yacc parsers into one executable
Date: Sun, 17 May 2009 13:46:23 +0200

Hello,

* Philip Herron wrote on Sun, May 17, 2009 at 12:49:32PM CEST:

> I solved this problem a while back!
>
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/automake/2009-04/msg00095.html
>
> The trick is in each of your lexers(flex .l) add this:
> %option prefix="prefix" outfile="lex.yy.c"

I don't see %option documented in POSIX (looking at SUSv3).
Are you sure your solution is portable to non-flex lex?  If not, then
please reconsider praising it as a portable solution.

> Dont change the outfile ylwrap needs it to be lex.yy.c!

If the example in the Automake manual needs fixing, then we should
fix it, so that it really works.  However, somebody needs to do the
work and find and test it.  It should be added to the Automake test
suite.

I can do testing on various systems but working on the example is
not high in my priority list because I do not know lex well.