Re: running tests under in a tests/ directory

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: running tests under in a tests/ directory
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 10:17:05 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 9 Jun 2009, Peter Johansson wrote:

Bob Friesenhahn wrote:
It is not necessary to specify top_builddir because that is where the Makefile is written and the directory where the build is performed. As you say, specifying $(top_srcdir) may cause harm since it is likely to break VPATH builds.

Sorry, I thought we were dealing with a Makefile.am in a subdir, in other words, a Makefile.am for which top_builddir does not equal `.'.

Ahhh, I see. Apparently some people still do that. In this case your advice is good advice.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn