Re: support for lzip

From: Antonio Diaz Diaz
Subject: Re: support for lzip
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2009 18:37:35 +0200

Bob Friesenhahn wrote:
That is good to hear. Does it compile with many different C++ compilers (besides GCC)? For example, does it compile under the Microsoft Visual Studio compiler for Windows? I don't see Microsoft Windows in your list.

I have only tried GCC. I think lzip compiles with all the native compilers of the posix systems listed in my previous message. I don't know if lzip compiles with Microsoft compilers. I do not use Microsoft software.

SLOCCount (by David A. Wheeler) results:
lzip-1.6-pre3:    3,373
bzip2-1.0.4:    6,088
gzip-1.2.4a:    6,302
xz-4.999.8beta:    29,825

Given this huge disparity in source code size, what features have been left out of lzip which may be of importance for Automake usage?

Lzip has got the same features that gzip and bzip2 have. I don't know of any feature which may be of importance for Automake usage that has been left out of lzip.

Regards,
Antonio.