Dependencies bw LTLIBRARIES at install time

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Dependencies bw LTLIBRARIES at install time
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 11:52:43 +0200

Hi all,

I might have missed the information, but I believe there are no instruction about handling the dependencies bw libraries are install time (they all live in the same Makefile.am, and I do not want to break it). I have libfoo that depends on libbar, and both are installed in different directories. Too bad, install goes in the wrong order, and libtool fails to relink libfoo which it tries to install first. Had both been in the same directory, then according to the code, I just have to define then in lib_LTLIBRARIES in the right order.

But it is not the case here.  Still, that's easy to fix:

install-execenvLTLIBRARIES: install-libLTLIBRARIES

does it.

But of course it does not work: with a simple warning, Automake throws away its own install rule, "overriden" by mine. My work around: an

        @ADDITIONAL_DEPENDENCIES@

line in Makefile.am which I AC_SUBST with the right content.

Are there any recommendations on this regard?

Cheers.