Re: Extended test suites

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: Extended test suites
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2009 10:23:50 +0200

[ removed subscriber-only list from Cc: ]

Hello Mike,

please don't top-post, and please lower the wrap column a bit, thank
you.

* Mike Zraly wrote on Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 05:17:48PM CEST:
> (Hmm, if a test is listed in both XFAIL and TESTS, does it get run
> once with an expectation of failure?)

A test needs to be listed in TESTS to be run, so yes.  The variable to
list expected failures in is XFAIL_TESTS, however, not XFAIL.

>  I don't think generating macro values at runtime is recommended
>  though.

Not quite sure what you mean with this, but it sounds like you're
hinting at GNU make-specific functionality.