Support for gnu-pascal

From: Martin Kalbfuß
Subject: Support for gnu-pascal
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 03:45:26 +0200

Hi,

I try to build a simple hello world program written in pascal(gpc).
There's no AC_PROG_GPC or something. So I have to do it on my own. gpc
supports all gcc options + some pascal specific options. hat I have so
far:

confgure.ac:
############

#                                               -*- Autoconf -*-
# Process this file with autoconf to produce a configure script.

AC_PREREQ([2.64])
AC_INIT([PALLEGRO], [0.1], address@hidden)
AC_CONFIG_SRCDIR([pallegro.pas])
AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE([-Wall -Werror foreign])

AC_PROG_CC
AC_PATH_TOOL([CC], [gpc])
if test -z "$CC"; then
   AC_MSG_ERROR([cannot find gpc.])
fi

AC_CONFIG_FILES([Makefile])
AC_OUTPUT

Makefile.am:
############

.pas.o:
        $(CC) $(CFLAGS) -c -o $@ $<

bin_PROGRAMS = \
        pallegro

pallegro_SOURCES = \
        pallegro.pas

pallegro.pas:
#############

program pallegro;

begin
   writeln('Hallo world');
end.

Result of calling make:

/usr/bin/gpc -g -O2 -c -o pallegro.o pallegro.pas
pallegro.o
/bin/bash: pallegro.o: Kommando nicht gefunden.
make: *** [pallegro] Fehler 127

As you can see, the object file was build. Why it tries to call
pallegro.o?

Maybe someone has some experience with such a topic?
Thanks.