Re: Docbook pdf generation - copying png images to build directory?

From: Daniel Leidert
Subject: Re: Docbook pdf generation - copying png images to build directory?
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 22:19:43 +0100

Clifford Yapp wrote:

> I have a situation where I need to copy png images from a source
> directory to the build directory prior to running other build rules,
> and I am having some trouble formulating a rule to do the job.
> Background:

Does fop do the whole job? It's possible to use xsltproc to prepare
the .fo file, which should then be easily processible by fop I guess.
xsltproc knows a --path switch. I usually use:

VPATH =+ $(srcdir)

rule:
    xsltproc --path "$(VPATH)" ...

to catch all files in $(builddir) and $(srcdir). A different way would
be to define the path to images via parameter and then set this parameter
on xsltproc/fop call. For the first mentioned:

xsltproc --stringparam image.path "$(srcdir)"

This is how docbook-xsl works (to include the pictures for warnings,
notes, ...). There is IMHO no need to copy the files around.

Regards, Daniel