Re: Docbook pdf generation - copying png images to build directory?

From: Clifford Yapp
Subject: Re: Docbook pdf generation - copying png images to build directory?
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 19:24:27 -0500

On Friday 13 November 2009 16:19:43 Daniel Leidert wrote:
> Clifford Yapp wrote:
> > I have a situation where I need to copy png images from a source
> > directory to the build directory prior to running other build rules,
> > and I am having some trouble formulating a rule to do the job.
> > Background:
>
> Does fop do the whole job? It's possible to use xsltproc to prepare
> the .fo file, which should then be easily processible by fop I guess.

I attempted this - unfortunately it appears that somehow the url is surviving
to be read by fop as the original relative path.  I tried both options to
xsltproc, to no avail.  I also tried a custom fop.xconf file with the
source path, and that also didn't succeed.

I am defining the image paths as relative paths in the file (e.g.
"../../images/image1.png") and so far despite any options I have provided  it
is precisely this path, relative to the build dir, that fop is attempting to
use.

Does anybody know of any working examples of this sort of fop usage I could
take a gander at?

Thanks for responding, I'm quite grateful for the help  :-)

Cheers,
CY