Re: ifdef in Makefile.am

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: ifdef in Makefile.am
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2009 04:38:36 -0500

   I basicall want to do in a Makefile.am
   ifdef automake version > 1.4
     AM_LDFLAGS=...
   else
     LDFLAGS=...
   endif
   Because am version == 1.4 does not like
   some newer automake macros and I am moving a big project over
   to am 1.10. I need the 2 versions to coexist for a while
   until I have moved everything over.
   How can I do this? Tried lots of variants but no luck.

Create a branch for this, or simply migrate everything to automake
1.10+ without supporting 1.4, since it is not worth the effort to do
so.