shell variables in configure.ac

From: Martin Kalbfuß
Subject: shell variables in configure.ac
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 23:21:04 +0100

Hi,

I have the following lines in configure.ac

SKMAJOR=0
SKMINOR=1
SKPATCH=2
SDLMAJOR=1
SDLMINOR=2
SDLPATCH=13

AC_PREREQ([2.64])
AC_INIT([SK], [0.1.0-1.2.13], address@hidden)
AC_CONFIG_SRCDIR([src/VideoBase.def])
AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE([])

# config.h
AC_DEFINE_UNQUOTED([SKMajor], [$SKMAJOR], [Major version of Schwarzer
Kaffee])
AC_DEFINE_UNQUOTED([SKMinor], [$SKMINOR], [Minor version of schwarzer
Kaffee])
AC_DEFINE_UNQUOTED([SKPatch], [$SKPATCH], [Patch version of schwarzer
Kaffee])
AC_DEFINE_UNQUOTED([SDLMajor], [$SDLMAJOR], [Major version of used SDL])
AC_DEFINE_UNQUOTED([SDLMinor], [$SDLMINOR], [Minor version of used SDL])
AC_DEFINE_UNQUOTED([SDLPatch], [$SDLPATCH], [Patch version of used SDL])
AC_CONFIG_HEADER([src/config.h])

When I have a look at the config.h I see only empty defines like

#define SKMajor

What's wrong here?

Thanks?