Re: How to handle data/script files in a VPATH build ?

From: Sylvestre Ledru
Subject: Re: How to handle data/script files in a VPATH build ?
Date: Sat, 06 Feb 2010 18:49:38 +0100

Hello,

Sorry for the delay, I missed your answer.

Le mercredi 03 février 2010 à 11:27 -0500, Peter Johansson a écrit :
> Hello Sylvestre,
>
> Sylvestre Ledru wrote:
> > In my Makefile.am, I have:
> > all-local: macros
> > macros: $(top_builddir)/bin/myscript
> >     $(top_builddir)/bin/myscript $(top_builddir)/dataDir/myData.sci
> >
> > Obviously, this works when I am building my application in the source
> > tree but it fails when building as VPATH.
> >

> It is not clear what you wanna accomplish and why it doesn't work as you
> desire.
Sorry about that.
I try to sum up:
I'd like to build my application as VPATH.
However, I do need data and scripts to finalize the build of my
application (basically, I have macro that I need to compile before
shipping it). But, here is my problem, these files are still in the
source tree and not in the VPATH tree.

> > I cannot change top_builddir by top_srcdir since I need both the data
> > and script to be available in the build tree.
> >

> Are myscript and myData.sci distributed or built?
> Why do you need them in the build tree?
Both, I need them at building time: myscript calls the binaries to
transform the myData.sci to myData.bin.
And they are both needed for my application at runtime.

Sylvestre