Re: split check target into check and test targets

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: split check target into check and test targets
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 18:33:17 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 23 Feb 2010, Daily, Jeff A wrote:

I attempted to split the "make check" target into "make check" (build check_PROGRAMS) and "make test" (run check_PROGRAMS). However, I get warnings that check-am was overridden. How might I split the building and running of check_PROGRAMS and still use the generated parallel-tests using TESTS? Thanks.

You are trying to do something which violates the GNU coding standards since 'check' has a standard definition.

If you use a different target name then there should be no problem:

checkprogs : check_PROGRAMS

test : check

Bob
--