Re: Automake conditionals in autoconf

From: NightStrike
Subject: Re: Automake conditionals in autoconf
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 14:42:00 -0500

On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 2:23 PM, Ralf Wildenhues <address@hidden> wrote:
> The above looks ok to me.  Since I cannot, from your description,
> exactly reproduce the code that caused the warning for you, I cannot say
> whether that was a problem.
>
> The code as above does not yet take care of adjusting SUBDIRS (and maybe
> DIST_SUBDIRS) in the toplevel Makefile.  There is one decision for you
> to make here: should 'make dist' tar up all subpackages, even those that
> aren't build (which is the default, because that's what's right to
> ensure downstream has the same choices as you) in which case you can
> just
>
>  if LIBRARIES_MANGLE
>  SUBDIRS += mingw-w64-libraries/libmangle
>  endif

I used the DIST OPTIONS thing to enable all sub packages for
distribution.  See my links below for how I did it (hopefully I chose
a method that's ok)

> In the other case you should use something like
>  AC_SUBST([libmangle_subdir], [mingw-w64-libraries/libmangle])
> and
>
>  SUBDIRS = ... $(libmangle_subdir) ...

Well, I committed it to svn, so everything is available here:
http://mingw-w64.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/mingw-w64/trunk/Makefile.am?view=markup
http://mingw-w64.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/mingw-w64/trunk/configure.ac?view=markup

Previously, in the case statements, I had AC_CONFIG_SUBDIRS in each
path.  For instance:

[yes|all],[
   with_libraries="libmangle,pseh"
   with_libraries_mangle=yes
   with_libraries_pseh=yes
   AC_CONFIG_SUBDIRS([mingw-w64-headers/libraries/libmangle])
   AC_CONFIG_SUBDIRS([mingw-w64-headers/libraries/pseh])],
[libmangle],[
   with_libraries="libmangle"
   with_libraries_mangle=yes
   with_libraries_pseh=no
   AC_CONFIG_SUBDIRS([mingw-w64-headers/libraries/libmangle])],
...etc

That tossed an error saying that the directory libmangle was already
in the list of stuff to be configured.