Re: split check target into check and test targets

From: Daily, Jeff A
Subject: Re: split check target into check and test targets
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 12:41:57 -0800

>  Just add your own rule that depends on $(check_PROGRAMS):
>
> .PHONY: check-norun
> check-norun: $(check_PROGRAMS)
>
> and type `make check-norun' instead of `make check'.

I copied the above from the link since I had trouble navigating to it.

This is a great solution for building the check_PROGRAMS from within the same
directory.  But what I needed was a new recursive target to build the
check_PROGRAMS throughout my build tree.  I've posted my solution elsewhere in
this thread, but I just realized I missed the use .PHONY there.  Thanks.

Jeff