Re: distcheck and canonical_*

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: distcheck and canonical_*
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2010 07:03:47 +0100

* Steffen Dettmer wrote on Wed, Mar 03, 2010 at 12:21:32AM CET:
> On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 2:55 PM, NightStrike wrote:
> > When doing a make distcheck, why is for instance the --host option not
> > propagated to configure without explicitly setting
> > DISTCHECK_CONFIGURE_FLAGS?
>
> erm... isn't --host enabling cross-compiling?
> And when cross-compiling, make check always fails with some
> "cannot execute binary" or so, so distcheck would always fail?

NightStrike's package is very specialized: by default it will run
on 64-bit Windows only, because it's part of the support package
for MinGW64 (or so I assume).  So, since the package already requires
a cross compilation environment, it might as well also require an
emulator to be able to execute tests for a successful distcheck.
wine comes to mind for this, together with binfmt-support to
automatically execute w32 binaries using wine.