Re: Sun compiler and /usr/local/include

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: Sun compiler and /usr/local/include
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2010 10:24:30 +0100

Hello Alfred,

* Alfred M. Szmidt wrote on Sat, Mar 06, 2010 at 10:09:57AM CET:
>   CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include ./configure

Bzzt.  Please pass variable settings as arguments to configure:
  ./configure CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include

not as environment variables.  It has the advantage that
  ./config.status --recheck

(which may be triggered from a makefile) remembers such settings
*even* if the variables in question are not marked as precious by
configure.ac.  (CPPFLAGS is markes as precious by AC_PROG_CC, but
better get the "new-since 10 years" way of doing it in your head
now ;-)