Re: Sun compiler and /usr/local/include

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: Sun compiler and /usr/local/include
Date: Sat, 06 Mar 2010 17:01:35 -0500

   >   CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include ./configure

   Bzzt.  Please pass variable settings as arguments to configure:
     ./configure CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include

   not as environment variables.  It has the advantage that
     ./config.status --recheck

   (which may be triggered from a makefile) remembers such settings
   *even* if the variables in question are not marked as precious by
   configure.ac.  (CPPFLAGS is markes as precious by AC_PROG_CC, but
   better get the "new-since 10 years" way of doing it in your head
   now ;-)

True true! Sadly I encounter old programs that still don't grok this;
so it is kinda hardwired into my brain. :-(