Re: Keeping source directory structure

From: Peter Johansson
Subject: Re: Keeping source directory structure
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 13:22:38 -0400

Hi Brendon,

Brendon Costa wrote:
where abs_top_srcdir is a variable i define in my configure script
that is an absolute path to the top_srcdir (to avoid the ..'s) and is
used in the sources instead of $(top_srcdir)
To my knowledge, $(abs_top_srcdir) is defined by automake by default. So there is no need to define it yourself.

So I tried replacing the variable with:
XXX_SOURCES= \
   ../common/map.cpp \
   ../linux/map.cpp

This will kind of build, though the location it is putting the object
files in is really bad and conflicts with those from other makefiles.
I.e. they are going into:
<build-dir>/common/map.o
<build-dir>/linux/map.o
It is not clear what the conflict is here. Are you creating several map.o files from the same map.cc? why?

Cheers,
Peter

--
Peter Johansson