Re: Makefile.in and Makefile not generated when using a static library

From: isulsz
Subject: Re: Makefile.in and Makefile not generated when using a static library
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2010 19:38:08 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks. I see the problem and I use the white spaces instead of commas and it
seemes to work, I see the Makefile.in and Makefile in src/Random directory.
But I have a new problem. When I try to "make" the project, I get this
error:
 *** No rule to make target `../../src/Random/librng.a', needed by
`MultiSour'.  Stop.

It seems that the "make" cannot find a way to complile the static library.
The Makefile.am in src/Random is:
lib_LIBRARIES = librng.a
librng_a_SOURCES = (a list of .h and .cpp files in src/Random directory)

And in the Makefile in src/Random directory, I am indeed able to find this
section:
librng.a: $(librng_a_OBJECTS) $(librng_a_DEPENDENCIES)
        -rm -f librng.a
        $(librng_a_AR) librng.a $(librng_a_OBJECTS) $(librng_a_LIBADD)
        $(RANLIB) librng.a

It seems to me that this Makefile specified the dependency and compile rules
but when I execute the "main" makefile of the project, it cannot see these
rules.

I changed the configure.ac as William said but the problem remains...

My automake version is 1.11.1 and the autoconf version is 2.63.