Minimal example for perl program

From: Ole Tange
Subject: Minimal example for perl program
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 14:12:00 +0200

I am trying to implement automake for my perl program, so it will meet
the requirements for a GNU tool.

The tool is a single file depending on some perl modules. The program
is documented using POD and the man-page is generated by pod2man.

I have been unable to find a minimal example of a perl program using
automake. I tried to see if I could change amhello, but I have a hard
time convincing automake that the C-compiler is not needed, and that
the man page should be generated by pod2man.

I have a feeling the configuration files would be extremely simple:

'make' should run 'pod2man program' to generate the man page
'make install' should copy the program to .../bin, and the man page to .../man1

If any automake user would take the few minutes to help me write the
config files, it would be great. But a pointer to an exisiting simple
perl program using automake will also be appreciated.

/Ole