Re: Minimal example for perl program

From: Russ Allbery
Subject: Re: Minimal example for perl program
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 11:39:48 -0700

Ralf Wildenhues <address@hidden> writes:
> * Ralf Wildenhues wrote on Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 06:55:30PM CEST:

>> The rule command lines must be indented with a leading TAB.

Yeah, I think I did that but I suspect something in the mail path undid
the tab again.

>> Commonly, the rule is that 'make clean' cleans the stuff made by 'make'
>> but your tarball will contain parallel.1 already (which I think is a
>> good idea, because then your users won't need pod2man installed); you
>> could put it into MAINTAINERCLEANFILES or DISTCLEANFILES instead.

> Erm, that comment of mine would only apply if you had used dist_man_MANS
> instead of man_MANS, and in that case, it would probably be a good idea
> to prefix parallel.1 with $(srcdir)/ everywhere.

Right, I was following the original poster's desire there.  I personally
tend to generate man pages from the autogen script rather than using a
makefile target at all and then include them in dist_man_MANS.

--
Russ Allbery (address@hidden)             <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>