Re: Minimal example for perl program

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: Minimal example for perl program
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 20:55:34 +0200

* Russ Allbery wrote on Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 08:39:48PM CEST:
> Ralf Wildenhues <address@hidden> writes:
> > * Ralf Wildenhues wrote on Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 06:55:30PM CEST:

> >> The rule command lines must be indented with a leading TAB.
>
> Yeah, I think I did that but I suspect something in the mail path undid
> the tab again.

Not sure if you're telling me my analysis was wrong or not;
I can exactly reproduce the issues Ole reported by having
spaces instead of a TAB there.

I wish automake could warn about leading whitespace damage;
unfortunately, the parser would need to be quite a bit smarter
for such a warning to work reliably.