Re: Built-in target to delete all generated files

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: Built-in target to delete all generated files
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 17:26:14 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 28 Apr 2010, Trevor Harmon wrote:

Yes, but that rule of thumb is at odds with another rule of thumb: "Never commit generated files to a source code repository." And considering that "autoreconf -i" does a perfect job of regenerating all of the files I listed, I'm willing to break the GCS rule.

My project uses maintainer-mode and I always check these generated files into the source code repository. The end user might not be able to produce a working set of files based on whatever random autotools they have on their system.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn