Re: make distcheck is not using the specified compiler

From: Stefano Lattarini
Subject: Re: make distcheck is not using the specified compiler
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2010 22:04:12 +0200

At Saturday 19 June 2010, Peter Rosin wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm trying to get in position for running the testsuite on MSYS
>  using the Microsoft C/C++ Compiler (and don't really know what to
>  expect).
>
> As a first step I tried this on a fresh checkout:
>
> ./bootstrap
> ./configure CC=cl CFLAGS=-MD CXX=cl CXXFLAGS=-MD
> make
>
> and that triggered a distcheck of amhello in the doc subdir. What
> surprised me was that even though I specified a specific compiler,
> that selection didn't find its way to the distcheck.
I think this is by design.  You can work around it by using the
`DISTCHECK_CONFIGURE_FLAGS variable', as in (untested):
 $ make  DISTCHECK_CONFIGURE_FLAGS='CC=cl CFLAGS=-MD CXX=cl CXXFLAGS=-MD'

For more info, see

<http://www.gnu.org/software/automake/manual/automake.html#Checking-the-Distribution>

HTH,
   Stefano