Re: performing pre-build shell commands with automake

From: Peter Johansson
Subject: Re: performing pre-build shell commands with automake
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2010 15:01:38 -0400

On 6/20/10 2:56 PM, Wesley Smith wrote:
I've been looking through the automake docs trying to figure out how
to execute shell commands as part of the build process but before
anything actually gets compiled.  Is this possible?  I need this for
things like Qt's 'moc' and some other script-based code generation
utilities.  thanks in advance!

Wouldn;t it work if you list files that need to be generated in variable BUILT_SOURCES?

http://sources.redhat.com/automake/automake.html#Sources

Peter