Re: performing pre-build shell commands with automake

From: John Calcote
Subject: Re: performing pre-build shell commands with automake
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2010 22:07:17 -0600

On 6/20/2010 4:48 PM, Wesley Smith wrote:

>> src/lcairo.c : resource.qt
>>
>> I tested this and it works - here's my test code:
>>
> It definitely does work!  Thanks so much.  The QT resources in my case
> or code generated files from the actual source files, so it makes
> sense to trigger the rules off of the sources themselves.  I really
> appreciate the help.

Don't forget to write proper clean rules to cleanup the generated
sources. And also don't forget to add your generated sources (header
files? - I'm not a QT expert so I'm not sure of the exact nature of your
generated sources) to a nodist_<product>_SOURCES variable so that make
dist doesn't distribute them.

To test the clean rules to ensure you've cleaned up everything you
generated, run "make distcheck". This will build and test a distribution
package, along with the cleanup. If the temporary directory contains
anything other than the dist package's sources after "make clean" is run
by the test, you'll get a dist error.

John