RE: call for help/crazy idea: nmake support

From: David Byron
Subject: RE: call for help/crazy idea: nmake support
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2010 10:34:13 -0700

On Sunday, August 1, Ralf Wildenhues wrote:

> Sure.  I have no idea yet how exactly this could work in
> practice.  I don't know these tools yet.  I'm just
> throwing out these ideas to see if somebody has good
> input.
>
> In such a project, is there any scripting besides CMD that
> one could rely on?

I suppose autoconf could generate a configure-like script tht works with CMD
files or Windows Scripting Host
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Script_Host) to generate nmake files.
Seems like a lot of work though.  It also seems like it depends on support
for the native MS tools using the existing configure script mechanism.

-DB