Re: RE : call for help/crazy idea: nmake support

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: RE : call for help/crazy idea: nmake support
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 19:18:56 +0200

I would like to thank everyone who provided input on this topic.
It certainly helps when considering where to go.  One conclusion
from this is that we should get Peter's MSVC support finished
and completed for Automake 1.12 and the next Libtool release.

I wasn't aware that there are more MSVC-related build system tools
which one could target.  I'm still not sure whether the idea to
produce support for some of them should be buried completely, but
I for one won't be pursuing it in the nearer future.  If somebody
else feels scratching that it however ...

And of course I would be delighted if some of you provided fixes
for pkg-config and whetever else is needed to make building for
this setup work better.

Thanks,