Re: Recursive `make recheck'

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: Recursive `make recheck'
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 19:45:53 +0200

Hello unnamed user[1],

* address@hidden wrote on Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 02:47:07PM CEST:
> is it possible to add additional recursive targets? I'd like to get
> `recheck', `check-html' and `recheck-html' to work recursively.

right now, that is only possible by manually coding the recursion
yourself, for which you could copy code which automake generates
for its recursive rules.

Fixing that is a TODO item I hope to address in the near future:
<http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.sysutils.automake.general/11890>

Still, the code Automake currently generates for the recheck,
check-html, and recheck-html targets only works well if all the
Makefile.am files you have testsuites in are leafs; i.e., they
should not themselves contain SUBDIRS.  Otherwise, the local
rules need to be renamed with 's/$/-am/'.

[1] we prefer people with names around here.  Pseudonyms are fine if you
deem that necessary, but my memory works much better when it can
associate a real name with a topic.  Thanks.