Re: linux to windows cross compile af a dll

From: Joost Kraaijeveld
Subject: Re: linux to windows cross compile af a dll
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 18:42:16 +0200

On Tue, 2010-08-24 at 16:42 +0200, Joost Kraaijeveld wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to cross compile a library on Linux (Debian Sqeeeze AMD64) to
> Windows. On Linux both the static and shared libraries are build. On
> Windows just the static library is build. Should I do something special
> to build a shared library, or should the same autotools configuration
> build dll's for Windows?

OK, I missed some warnings (red head) which actually tell me that no
dynamic link library will be made.

[The first warning is repeated for several Boost libraries]

*** Warning: linker path does not have real file for library -lboost_system-mt.
*** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
*** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have
*** because I did check the linker path looking for a file starting
*** with libboost_system-mt but no candidates were found. (...for file magic
test)

*** Warning: linker path does not have real file for library -lpthread.
*** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
*** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have
*** because I did check the linker path looking for a file starting
*** with libpthread and none of the candidates passed a file format test
*** using a file magic. Last file checked:
/usr/lib/gcc/i586-mingw32msvc/4.4.4/../../../../i586-mingw32msvc/lib/libmswsock.a
*** The inter-library dependencies that have been dropped here will be
*** automatically added whenever a program is linked with this library
*** or is declared to -dlopen it.

*** Since this library must not contain undefined symbols,
*** because either the platform does not support them or
*** it was explicitly requested with -no-undefined,
*** libtool will only create a static version of it.

It seems to be related to
http://ricardo.ecn.wfu.edu/~cottrell/cross-gtk/libtool.html

Is the hack that is mentioned necessary or is there another solution?

TIA

--
Groeten,

Joost Kraaijeveld