Re: configure: WARNING: `missing' script is too old or missing

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: configure: WARNING: `missing' script is too old or missing
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2010 12:29:28 +0200

Hello,

* YuGiOhJCJ Mailing-List wrote on Sat, Aug 28, 2010 at 12:13:51PM CEST:
> When I run the configure script I get this warning :
> ---
> [...]
> /bin/sh: /home/yugiohjcj/missing: No such file or directory
> configure: WARNING: `missing' script is too old or missing
> checking for a thread-safe mkdir -p... /usr/bin/mkdir -p
> [...]
> ---
>
> It is right /home/yugiohjcj/missing doesn't exists but I don't know
> why the configure script try to get this file in my home directory
> instead of my working directory.

Which directory are you building in, and how exactly are you calling
configure?  Copy and paste, please, thanks.

Do you have a line like
  AC_CONFIG_AUX_DIR([.])

in your configure.ac?  Do you call AC_CONFIG_SRCDIR with a suitable file
name as argument?

The issue is probably that configure is confused as to finding the
correct value of $srcdir, or that your tree is missing some helper
scripts which you can probably get installed by calling
  automake --add-missing

Hope that helps.