Re: Automake and Texinfo: clean the info or pdf file

Subject: Re: Automake and Texinfo: clean the info or pdf file
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 01:14:23 +0200

On Mon, 30 Aug 2010 13:19:27 -0400
"Alfred M. Szmidt" <address@hidden> wrote:

>    If I call :
>    $ make
>    The .info file is built.
>
>    If I call :
>    $ make clean
>    The .info file is not cleaned.
>
>    It is the same thing for pdf, if I call :
>    $ make pdf
>    The .pdf file is built.
>
>    If I call :
>    $ make clean
>    The .pdf file is not cleaned.
>
>    Is there a rule which clean the .info or .pdf file?
>
> That is as intended, documentation is supposed to be distribtued with
> the tarball so that users do not need to install whatever tools are
> needed to generate it, hence why `make clean' does not remove them.
> If you wish to remove all generated files, you'll need to do `make
> distclean'.

Now, when I call :
$ make clean
the .pdf file is removed correctly :-)

If I call :
$ make distclean
the .info file isn't removed but the .pdf file and the Makefile are removed.
I am suprise to see my Makefile disappears and I must run the configure script
in order to build it again.
The only way I found to remove my .info file is to call the rm command manually.

What target can help me to remove the .info file built with the make command?
Why the Makefile is removed when I call the distclean target?