debbugs

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: debbugs
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2010 14:47:54 +0200

[ sorry for the xpost; please followup to the automake list, replyto set ]

Hello coreutils developers,

Gary was nice to point us at the debbugs you're using now for your bugs
list.  How do you like it, how's it working for you, it can be worked
with email only, right?

Automake has its Gnats, mostly unused and feature-poor, I don't like it
much, and with Libtool, we've never been able to consistently use a bug
tracker, either.  The Savannah bug/patch tracker require lots of
clicking and waiting for web scripts to ponder, that's not so much fun.

Also, the number of unresolved bugs in autotools packages tends to
infinity in the long run (not monotonically, but let's be honest, there
are always more issues than we can address, be they bugs in the
autotools themselves or in the way users use them, or in third-party
packages).

With that in mind, I'm looking for something that can keep things in
order in some way, be that things added by users or ourselves.
Who do we talk to if we want to try it out?

Thanks,