Re: mumble_LDADD before AM_LDFLAGS?

From: Nick Bowler
Subject: Re: mumble_LDADD before AM_LDFLAGS?
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 13:29:23 -0400

On 2010-10-20 12:14 -0500, Rhys Ulerich wrote:
> I have a convenience library (say libconv.la) that depends on some
> external libraries kept in AM_LDFLAGS (say -L/opt/ext/lib -lext).  If
> there a clean way to specify that libconv.la should appear in the link
> line before AM_LDFLAGS?  Using mumble_LDADD places libconv.la after
> AM_LDFLAGS which fails to resolve the appropriate symbols.

Don't put libraries in AM_LDFLAGS, which go early on the command line as
you have observed.  Use LDADD instead.

mumble_LDADD will override the global LDADD, so you can put $(LDADD)
wherever you want.  For example, mumble_LDADD = libiconv.la $(LDADD).

--
Nick Bowler, Elliptic Technologies (http://www.elliptictech.com/)