Bison and automake together

From: Paulo J. Matos
Subject: Bison and automake together
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2010 11:46:25 +0100

Hi,

I am slightly confused as to whether I should be posting this to the
bison or this mailing list but here it goes.

I have a bison based project which has the following definitions:
,----
| BUILT_SOURCES = scgparser.h
| AM_YFLAGS = -d
| AM_LDFLAGS = -lgmpxx -lgmp
|
| bin_PROGRAMS = scgc
|
| scgc_SOURCES = scgc.cc scgparser-driver.cc scgparser.yy scglexer.l
`----

When I ran this with ./configure && make I get:
,----
| /bin/bash ./ylwrap scgparser.yy y.tab.c scgparser.cc y.tab.h \
|           scgparser.h y.output scgparser.output -- bison -y  -d
`----

This is ok because bison generates y.tab.c and y.tab.h that are renamed
by ylwrap as scgparser.cc and scgparser.h respectively.

However, bison generated parser scgparser.cc includes y.tab.h (which was
the name known to bison when the file was generated). This results in
an error during compilation since there is no y.tab.h anymore when the
scgparser.cc is compiled. What am I missing here?

Feel free to redirect me to the bison mailing list if this is not an
automake config problem.

PMatos