Re: Force a file to be compiled always

From: Benjamin Bihler
Subject: Re: Force a file to be compiled always
Date: 04-Nov-2010 09:33:04 CET

Hi Ralf,

your first suggestion (with the phony target) works great. The second one
does not force compilation here (but that doesn't matter anymore since I
use the phony target now).

As to the third suggestion: I use the __DATE__ and __TIME__ macros in my
code as a kind of version information. Therefore the compilation result
differs with every compilation, although my source file does not change. Is
there yet a better method to store the compilation time stamp in a library
without fiddling with make targets?

Thank you very much and bye,
Benjamin