Two questions: warning: macro `AM_CPPFLAGS' not found in library and ho

From: Joost Kraaijeveld
Subject: Two questions: warning: macro `AM_CPPFLAGS' not found in library and how to assign values?
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 14:39:34 +0100

Hi,

I am getting this warning (and if I configure an error, "AM_CPPFLAGS:
command not found") for the piece of configure.ac below. What is the
correct way to achieve what I want: an incremental build up of
AM_CPPFLAGS?

And a second question: should all these assignments work

1. PLATFORM_CPPFLAGS = -DLINUX_DLL   // spaces
2. PLATFORM_CPPFLAGS=-DLINUX_DLL     // no spaces
3. PLATFORM_CPPFLAGS = "-DLINUX_DLL" // spaces and ""
4. PLATFORM_CPPFLAGS="-DLINUX_DLL"   // no spaces and ""

and if not which one should work? I can only make the "no spaces and """
work but I see (1) in almost all documentation?

TIA

#######################################
AM_CPPFLAGS="-DALLCOMPILES"

AC_CANONICAL_HOST
case $host in
*linux*)
PLATFORM_CPPFLAGS="-DLINUX_DLL"
;;
*mingw*)
PLATFORM_CPPFLAGS="-DWINDOWS_DLL"
;;
esac
AM_CPPFLAGS+=$(DEV_CPPFLAGS)

tracing_default="yes"
AC_ARG_ENABLE(tracing,
AS_HELP_STRING([--enable-tracing= no/yes],[if enabled all tracing
features will be on]),
enable_tracing=$tracingval,
enable_tracing=$tracing_default)
if test "$enable_tracing" = "yes"; then