Re: Augment instead of replace maude_DEPENDENCIES

From: Eric Blake
Subject: Re: Augment instead of replace maude_DEPENDENCIES
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 12:08:07 -0700

On 11/18/2010 12:00 PM, Daily, Jeff A wrote:
> Some of my test programs require generated input files - perhaps one per test
> program.  I want to generate them as dependencies of the particular test
> programs which use them.  However, I don't want to replace the dependencies
> which automake already determines for my test programs.  maude_DEPENDENCIES
> appears to be the correct way to go, but if I replace what automake generates
> automatically, then I have to recreate what automake would have done for me.
>
> check_PROGRAMS = tests/FillValue
> tests_FillValue_SOURCES = tests/FillValue.C
> tests_FillValue_DEPENDENCIES = data/FillValue.nc libpagoda.la

You're not the first to request this :)

> Is my only recourse to replace maude_DEPENDENCIES?

That, or build automake from git or wait for 1.12 to be released; from
the NEWS:

  - For programs and libraries, automake now detects
EXTRA_foo_DEPENDENCIES and
    adds them to the normal list of dependencies, but without
overwriting the
    foo_DEPENDENCIES variable, which is normally computed by automake.

--
Eric Blake   address@hidden    +1-801-349-2682