Re: [CRAZY PROPOSAL] Automake should support only GNU make

From: Xochitl Lunde
Subject: Re: [CRAZY PROPOSAL] Automake should support only GNU make
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 15:16:04 -0600

> > But let me rephrase the critique in a poignant way: if you want to
> > require GNU make anyway, what is your rational to not use quagmire
> > instead of Automake?
> >
> You mean this?
>  <http://code.google.com/p/quagmire/>
>
> Well, the fact that it took me ~ 3 minutes to find it with Google is a
> good answer ... ;-)
>
> All kidding aside, is yours a serious question?  If yes, I have a
serious
> answer (well, several ones in fact), but I'd rather not take the time to
> write it down properly unless that's really useful.

Your answer to why not to use quagmire is too long to make it a useful
answer?
I went to this quagmire page you posted, and there is nothing in the
downloads tab.  That would be a enough reason for me not to use quagmire.
I see that I can get the source, but I don't want to have to compile this
thing if it's not purely script based.  Also when I go to
quagmire-discuss, there are a bunch of nasty topics that are over 1 month
old; nobody's moderating.