Re: [CRAZY PROPOSAL] Automake should support only GNU make

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: [CRAZY PROPOSAL] Automake should support only GNU make
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 09:26:07 +0900

Xochitl Lunde <address@hidden> writes:
> I see that I can get the source, but I don't want to have to compile this
> thing if it's not purely script based.

AFAIK, quagmire requires nothing other than GNU make (that was, I guess,
the point of it)...

> Also when I go to quagmire-discuss, there are a bunch of nasty topics
> that are over 1 month old; nobody's moderating.

It's not in active development, but I think it showed some promise when
it was, and might be a good base or source of ideas for future work if
somebody has the interest.

-Miles

--
The trouble with most people is that they think with their hopes or
fears or wishes rather than with their minds.  -- Will Durant