creating a report that displays what has been installed

From: Vincent Torri
Subject: creating a report that displays what has been installed
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2011 16:32:36 +0100

Hey,

I'm trying to improve the autotools of he openjpeg project. The lead dev
wants me to display in the terminal what has been installed. I tried to
argue that looking at what is already in the terminal is sufficient, he
still prefers to see it at the end of the process.

One possible way would be to add in a file some output strings (using a
hook) each time something is installed, and in the top-level Makefile.am,
displaying that report file.

Is there a smarter way to do this ?

thank you

Vincent Torri