dynamic executables for check_PROGRAMS?

From: Daily, Jeff A
Subject: dynamic executables for check_PROGRAMS?
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 15:06:13 -0800

I wrote a profiling layer for my library utilizing weak symbols.  I thought for
starters it would be nice to profile some of my test programs, to make sure
things are working okay.  I'm using autoconf, automake, and libtool, so I
configured using --enable-shared --disable-static, however, my test programs
are not created as dynamic executables.  If I change my check_PROGRAMS to
bin_PROGRAMS, they are dynamic executables.  But, I can't do this in production
for obvious reasons.

So, is there any way to create dynamic executables for my check_PROGRAMS?

Jeff