c file used as a make file

From: Paul Elliott
Subject: c file used as a make file
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 01:54:33 -0500

I have a c library that currently uses an old style Makefile that I want to
convert to auto*tools.

One .c file is used as a .h file. That is, it is included by another .c file
and
it should not be itself compiled. Why the author did this I do not know, but I
do not want to change the author's source or change or rename any files.

How do I tell auto*tools to treat this file as a .h file? That is, do not try
compile this file itself, and do include it in the files to be distributed.

Thank You

--
Paul Elliott                               1(512)837-1096
address@hidden               PMB 181, 11900 Metric Blvd Suite J