Makefiles

From: Lucas
Subject: Makefiles
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 14:21:06 -0300

My name is Lucas, i'm from argentina, i study applied computing in the university.
This is my first mail to this list.
At the moment i'm working on a new operating system based on Syllable Desktop 0.6.6.

The job i had done was to get all the resource packages into a single installer,
i had put the existing documents on a single pdf, and now, prior to be able
to modify and make new releases, i want to build it by using a single script,
instead of the tool provided by Syllable, called Builder.

The name of my project is Wave OS, our website is http://sites.google.com/site/amstelproject/. Now, the manual, the source code, the developer environment and the system installer, are on this single CD, in order to keep things accesible and in a single place, saving confusion
not just for the user but for the developer.

http://www.filehosting.org/file/details/202279/WaveCDTR0.iso

The problem i have is this: i began to work in a script called "create.sh", wich is in the CD. This is not finished, but it is able to create inside the source folder, a binary folder, where it first creates the existing folder structure of syllable os, and then, it starts calling each part , build and install it, using make and make install repetitively.

The serious problem i have is that i have to adjust about 260 makefiles
wich are tied to rules and variables defined by Builder. I want to
adjust the makefiles so each one can make and make install each part of the system in it's corresponding folder, wich when create.sh is invoked, doesn't happen.

I'm just learning make, i have to get those 260 makefiles fitted, is it possible to automatically batch fix them with any tool? I tried Jedit, i can see all of them,
and some of them looks empty or strangely configured.