Recursive initialization of autotools project?

From: Trevor Bain
Subject: Recursive initialization of autotools project?
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 13:55:06 -0500

Hi,

I have a 3 deep project (as follows below). If I run "automake
--add-missing" it only adds the files for the current level, hence to
start out the project I need to hit each branch with the
"--add-missing" flag (and also run aclocal etc.). After this, from the
root, I can run "autoreconf", "./configure", and "make" just fine.

Is there a way to recursively run all of the initialization or some
other method to prevent me needing to leave the root to initialize the
whole project (hopefully w/o a shell script that requires me to
respecify the project layout)?

Thanks,
Trevor

 usp_exercises: