Re: Dependecy directory and EXTRA_PROGRAMS

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: Dependecy directory and EXTRA_PROGRAMS
Date: Sun, 15 May 2011 13:11:59 +0200

Hi Sergio,

* Sergio Belkin wrote on Fri, May 13, 2011 at 05:37:28AM CEST:
> I have a directory ./doc/tests of source files as documentation
> examples, you can compile optionally issuing "make tests". That files
> as marked with dist_ in order to go into distribution.

OK.  So is there anything wrong with this directory?
BTW, I'd always omit the leading ./ from such names.

> I've found that EXTRA_PROGRAMS *always* generate .deps directory
> regardless you didn't run "make tests". How can I avoid that?

How does this paragraph relate to the previous one?  And why would you
care whether some .deps directory is created or not?

I'm assuming the directory is duly removed upon 'make clean', right?
So everything should be fine, it seems to me.  If you still suspect a
bug, or some behavior that is unacceptable to you, please state the
Automake version you're using and show the Makefile.am.

Thanks,