Installing a list of files with dynamically generated names

From: tsuna
Subject: Installing a list of files with dynamically generated names
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 22:01:04 -0700

Hi,
sorry if this question has already been asked, I couldn't find
anything in the ML archives or in teh Goog.

I use the GWT compiler and it produces dynamically generated file
names (they contain MD5 sums and they depend on what code is getting
compiled, so they change often).  I get it to put all its output files
in a given directory so I know where they are.  During `make install'
I need to install these files somewhere under $pkgdatadir.  I couldn't
find a way to tell Automake to install these files, since I can't
formulate their names in Automake.am, am I missing something?  I ended
up writing a install-data-local rule which is pretty much a
copy-pasted-edited version of an install rule otherwise generated by
Automake, except that instead of using a make variable to get the list
of files to install, I use `find -L outputdir \! -type d`.  Is there a
better way?

Thanks.

--
Benoit "tsuna" Sigoure