RE: Fortran and AC_DEFINE's

From: Daily, Jeff A
Subject: RE: Fortran and AC_DEFINE's
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2011 09:13:11 -0700

Our simple solution to this problem is to use sed to convert config.h to a
config.fh.  You can't use config.h directly because it contains C-style
comments.  This doesn't address the -D issue for IBM compilers, but the link
you provided
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/autoconf-patches/2011-04/msg00004.html does
address that issue.

BUILT_SOURCES += config.fh

CLEANFILES += config.fh

nodist_libga_la_SOURCES += config.fh

config.fh: config.h

    @-rm -f $@

    $(SED_V) \

    $(SED) "/^#/!d" config.h > $@

# sed

SED_V = $(SED__v_$(V))

SED__v_ = $(SED__v_$(AM_DEFAULT_VERBOSITY))

SED__v_0 = @echo "  SED   " $@;
Jeff Daily
Scientist
DATA INTENSIVE SCIENTIFIC COMPUTING