How to configure libtool to whole-archive?

From: kaifeng.zhu
Subject: How to configure libtool to whole-archive?
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2011 10:33:41 +0800

Hi all,

I have too projects which using Automake and Libtool. The first
project distributes a static library, which will be linked into the
second project in the whole-archive mode. Is that possible?

I noticed that Libtool whole-archive a library into another only if
the former is configured as 'noinst_LTLIBRARIES' in the Makefile.am,
am I right? But since it is 'noinst', I am unable to distribute it.